Welcome to the Step One!
Here you can begin the journey, it is a simple set of questions and answers that you really cant get wrong. Just work your way through the steps pages, some are video based, some interactive and most of them will ask you to enter in text based replies. Once you finish the course we will then unlock the next step. See you there!
You may be going through the added strain of being affected by a family member who has a problem with alcohol, drugs or mental health difficulties . This can make you feel very alone, and under a lot of pressure.
First things first – you’re not alone.
It is estimated that:
- 10% of adults in Northern Ireland have a problem with alcohol.
- 1 in 11 children and young people are affected by a parent who misuses alcohol or drugs.
- Alcohol problems will commonly occur alongside other problems. For example, 1 in 4 adults will have a mental health problem at some time in their lives.
These issues are far more common than you think. It may be affecting one of your friends or family members and this is why it is useful to look at a website like this.
Steps to Cope will support you in what can be a very difficult situation.
The Steps will look at:
1. Your Story: What living with this is like for you
2. Your Questions: Getting answers
3. Coping: How you cope now and what else you can try
4. Support: Who is here for you
5. Further Help: Who else can support you.