How are we affected by alcohol?
Alcohol can have a serious effect on our bodies, as these alcohol health facts show. Read on to get the health facts on how alcohol can contribute to cancer, diabetes and liver disease, as well as links to further information.
How are we affected by it?
How are families and family life affected by alcohol?
These words can describe life when living with a parent who drinks too much alcohol:
Alcohol misuse can affect young people and families in lots of different ways. These can include:
- Missing meals
- Being late for school
- Not having anyone to talk to
- Spoiled celebrations
- Having to look after younger brothers and sisters
However you are affected it is important to remember
- You are not alone
- You are not to blame.
- It is important to take care of yourself. This may also help those around you.
- There is support out there and it may be good to talk about it.
- By taking these steps you are not letting anyone down.
Steps to Cope is designed to help you talk about what your life is like when you are affected by a parent’s alcohol use. We can support you.