Welcome to the Steps to Cope Forum!
This is your space to ask questions to other young people, and to reply and offer your experiences to support other young people who are living with parental alcohol misuse. If you have something you want to share you can post below the comments or questions.
However we have a few guidelines for you.
- All messages are read by the Steps to Cope team before they are shown on the forum, and can take up to 24 hours to appear to other users.
- All messages that are posted to the forum can be viewed by anyone visiting the website, and can be viewed though search engine searches for similar topics.
- We have a bad language filter – if it picks up on any banned words it will delay how quickly your message will be posted, so please refrain from using it.
- We take all risk seriously. If your message contains any details which we think means you are in danger we will act on it, by notifying the appropriate people. So please think about what you are writing. If you genuinely need to let us know that you are in danger in some way please let us know by sending us a message via your user account.
- This is not a 24 hour service. Sometimes we have to clock off and go home for a while. That means that we don’t always read messages until the next day. If you are in crisis or need immediate help please contact 999. ChildLine 08001111 or the emergency social work team on 02890565444
- Please do not share your personal contact details with any other forum members.
- Any abusive, threatening, racist, sectarian or bullying messages or messages with a sexual content will not be posted, and could impact on your ability to use the forum in future. This forum is set up to support people, so please remember that.
- Everyone is entitled to their opinion, you may not like it, you may not agree with it, but you don’t have to fight about it! If you don’t like something that has been posted, click the back arrow and find a post that interests you more. If the post is breaking some of the rules, please use the report post function to alert a moderator.